Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"What happened to me???" or should I say "What happened to us"

I was born pure and innocent. I knew exactly who I was and I loved being alive. I wasn't afraid of anything, I was a true adventurer and explorer. I loved life. I was curious about everything and I knew that everything was well and it was well through my eyes. I laughed a lot, even when I made a blunder. I didn't even know what the word "embarrassment" meant. I was just jolly little me.

Then I started growing up and seeing some not so pleasant things around me, at creche, school, where I grew up. Things started to be very confusing. People were telling me different things about myself. These things were different from what I thought about myself. I became even more confused as I grew. I was a different person every year, I dressed differently every year. All of this is because I was trying to find my place in this jigsaw puzzle called life. The pieces were mixed and some were missing but somehow I knew that better must come.

Now I've grown up and am an adult. I rejoice in the fact that I understand what happened to me. I live my life knowing that everything that happened was just part of my journey and more is still to come.

We need to rekindle that child-like spirit. The trust, the knowing, the playing, being alive and happy.

Do you know what happened to you?

Stay KNOWING and LOVING!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment